Workers Compensation Insurance
Errors and accidents happen. We’ll make sure your company and your employees have the coverage they need.
What is Workers Compensation Insurance?
Virtually every state and the District of Columbia require employers to have Workers Compensation insurance. Workers Compensation Insurance protects employers and employees from the financial and legal risks associated with workplace injuries and death.
Workers Compensation Insurance provides medical care, short-term and long-term disability, and rehabilitation services. Survivor benefits are provided when employees are killed in work-place accidents.
What is Covered?
Workers Compensation Insurance typically covers:
Workers Compensation Insurance coverage does exclude certain injuries and events:
- Injury or death originating outside the workplace
- Self-inflicted actions resulting in injury or death
- Injuries or death resulting from altercations started by the employee
- Injuries or death relating to the commision of a felony
- Claims originating after an employee is terminated or laid off
- Injuries or death caused while the employee was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Want to learn more about SIS?
There are a thousand things to think about, every day, when you own your own business. There’s always another vendor
When you’re a small business owner, you may have a fear of losing income due to life’s unexpected challenges. While